Committee meeting 29/1/2018

Boot-IT Club



29th. January 2018 – Committee Meeting

PRESENT:      J.Fletcher (JF) Chairman; N.Spencer (NS) Secretary; Mrs. J.Toes (JT) Treasurer; Bronya Emmison(BE), Press&Publicity Officer; A.Tennant (AT) Trustee; Steve Clark (SC) PC Chris Smith (CS) Hon.Member; Lauren Gibbons (LG) Tutor Asst.; Annette Anderson (AA) member; Bob Furness (BF) member.






The  Minutes of the meeting held 6th. November 2017 were read. BE proposed and JT seconded that they were a true record. All agreed.


  • Lauren Gibson – Insurance. Secretary stated that a Risk Assessment for covering Lauren’s

liability has been drawn up. CS proposed that a disclaimer regarding Lauren’s tutoring be             written into the Registration Form. This will require the latter to be re-written. Seconded by         JF – Agreed.

  • Funding ApplicationsAmbassador & e-Reminder Projects. CS outlined the situation to date. Ambassador Project will require peer support from Club members that are available and knowledgeable when presenting to various organisations. Funding to be targeted at purchasing 5 tablets that can be used away from the Club, plus cost of support from CS and LG. e-Reminder Project – CS tabled funding applications for NS to follow up. Draft e-reminders to be trialed by the Club. Suggest that 50 copies, A5 or index card size depending on the format and menu structure, be produced and sold at £10.00 a sheet.


  • Age UK speaker advised NS that due to staff illnesses he was unable to attend before half-term. He will rearrange his visit for another date. Secretary to chase up.


As per AGM report.

Secretary tabled a letter from the Parish Council which contained a cheque for £500.00 towards the Club’s development. SC asked to convey our thanks to the Chair and Cllrs.

Secretary to send letter of thanks to the BM Kids Club Trustees thanking them for the £1000.00 grant. Act.Sec.


The Tablets are being slowly superseded by Phones and would suggest the latter be purchased as and when tablet replacements are required.

CS consider hiring the equipment not to be a viable prospect.

U3A – some of our members attend there on 1st. Thursday of each month. Try and see if any synergy is possible with the U3A – NS to write to the Chairman. Act. Sec.

Timetable – previous Minutes suggested that a move to Tuesday afternoons may assist in attracting a wider membership. As the Winter term numbers of attendees is now running at approximately 15 per session, it was felt that Thursdays should be kept as is. Monday evenings could be designated for ‘walk-ins’ who required tablet assistance. Cost for covering extra items would be £2.00 on each occasion. Advert in the bar / noticeboards that if one joined the Club multiple Monday sessions would be available, plus a donation. Advert to include note that there is fast fibre available.

Advertise in next Parish News (March-April) the Club and its ‘self-help’ content.


  • Emma Gray of ERYC to be contacted in case she may be able to offer constructive support.
  • BE produced excellent pens with a light and rubber attachment. Agreed they should be sold at £3.00 ea towards the Club funds. BE warmly thanked for her efforts.



Monday, 16th. April – 1900 in the Boot&Slipper

Chairman closed the meeting at 2030






















No comments yet.

Leave a Reply