Circumstances may arise when you are giving/returning or selling your tablet. You will want to remove all the data and apps you have installed or purchased.
Make sure you have a backup of everything you want. Check that the backup files and any other data exists elsewhere!
- Go to settings.
- Tap backup and reset.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Follow the options – choose with care!
You can also “hard reset” the tablet which is a good option if for some reason the tablet isn’t performing properly or you cannot choose the factory reset option.
- Ensure that the Samsung tablet is powered off.
- Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
- Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters theAndroid system recovery mode.
- On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
- Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
- On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes — delete all user data option is highlighted.
- Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device while clearing the dalvik cache along with the process.