25th July 2019 Committee Meeting
J.Fletcher (JF) Chairman; N.Spencer (NS) Secretary;. Janet Toes (JT)Treasurer; Bronya Emmison(BE), Press&Publicity Officer; A.Tennant (AT) Trustee; Chris Smith (CS) Hon.Member; PC Lauren Gibbons (LG) Tutor Asst.;.. Bob Furness (BF) member.Barry Malin (BM) member
Steve Clark PC. (SC);
DECLARATIONS of INTEREST:
MINUTES of LAST MEETING:
The Minutes of the meeting held 13th. May 2019 were read. LG proposed and BF seconded that they were a true record. All agreed.
- Party Liability still to progress. On going
- Banner – Thanks to BE for organizing the banner which all agreed was of a tasteful design. SC to obtain a ruling from the PC as to where it could be sited to best advantage within the village .On- going. BE now a parish cllr. – will explore contacts with the ERYC
- Smart phone – Sim card supplied
- . Pens – all those for sale have been sold.
- Average attendance for this term to date is 11 Maximum has been 20, but the overall count was reduced by one meeting at which there were only 11 members.
- .New members are now consistently coming from Stamford Bridge and Dunnington..
There were still some invoices to come in from the Boot-IT and the Press&Publicity officer
Accounts for the Lottery bid have to be finalized by the 31st. August this year.
Proposal to order a replacement computer for LG as Tutor’s assistant, plus purchase sticky labels and plastic covers. Proposed NS, seconded JT. Agreed with a budget maximum of £500.00
All 11 have been completed and are now at the printers at approximately £350.00
Committee acknowledged the hard work that BE has put in over this task.
Disclaimers have been added to most copies, others will require a sticker.
The roll out of the “pilot” remains the date of the meeting, 25th. July 2019.
- Suggestion that an e-reminder be given to all new members on their second visit plus one per week thereafter was agreed.
- Couples would receive a 20% fee reduction.
Autumn Term dates are 26th. September to 5th. December -1/2 term is w/c 28th. October.
- New members – secretary supplied post meeting a figure of 39.
A far ranging discussion included advertising in the Parish Magazines with special attention to the closing dates for insertions.
500 of the ‘black cards’ are being printed.
Request that Boot-IT be mentioned at the ERA of RCB meeting in September.
Re structuring of the sessions will include an ‘Absolute Beginners’ session for the first hour starting on 26th. September with a ‘Boot-IT Plus’ led by CS on the final date of the term
The ‘Beginners’ programme to be structured and ready for marketing in the Winter term.
Agreed that a note to this effect would be put into the Parish News fro both the October/November and December/January issues.
DATE NEXT MEETING:
Monday, 21st. October 2019 . 1900 at the Boot&Slipper
Chairman closed the meeting at 1340