21st. January 2019- Committee Meeting
PRESENT: J.Fletcher (JF) Chairman; N.Spencer (NS) Secretary; Bronya Emmison(BE), Press&Publicity Officer; A.Tennant (AT) Trustee; PC Lauren Gibbons (LG) Tutor Asst.;.Bob Furness (BF) member; B.Malin,BM member.
Steve Clark PC.; Mrs. J.Toes (JT)Treasurer; Chris Smith (CS) Hon.Member;
DECLARATIONS of INTEREST:
MINUTES of LAST MEETING:
The Minutes of the meeting held 12th. October 2018 were read. BE proposed and BF seconded that they were a true record. All agreed.
- Party Liability still to progress. Act.Sec
- Ambassador Programme – as this subject runs right through our future progress it would feature as an ongoing Agenda subject – Agreed
- Average attendance for this term to date is 12.
In absence of the Treasurer, Chair provided bank balance: stands at £9433.87.
Members reminded that expenses are allowed when conducting Ambassador business.
AMBASSADOR PROGRAMME: (Way Forward)
- Query over the proposed purchase of a smart phone. Action for CS
- Barry Malin has kindly offered to speak to the Probus club
- There is to be a tablet class in Pocklington library sponsored by the ERYC on 28th. January 0930.
Suggestion that a member attends and distributes Club leaflets. Place has to be booked.
- BE suggested that Thursday evening ‘Chit-Chats’ be put on the leaflets inviting people to use the tablets whilst there.
- BF – has secured a monthly advert in the Stamford Bridge magazine at £90 per annum. Commences around June. Advert to be tailored to 1/6th. page.
- AT and BE proposed an advert should be placed in The Wolds magazine commencing in March – Agreed
- Essential to obtain feedback from new members
- Give members an agenda of themed material for future sessions.
- Club details have been put into the February/March edition of the Parish News.
- Banner – create banner to advertise the Club in same style as used by the Boot
DATE NEXT MEETING:
Monday, 18th. March 2019: @1900 in the Boot&Slipper
Chairman closed the meeting at 2035